Online registration will be possible starting on Novemer 1st, 2020
Online registration and deadline
Applications can be submitted exclusively online via www.muvac.com starting Nov 1st 2020. The registration deadline is April 30, 2021. Applicants invited to the live rounds will be notified by May 28, 2021.
A nonrefundable application fee of € 80 must be paid during registration on muvac.
Entitlement to participation
Violists of all nationalities born after Oct 21, 1992 are entitled to participate.
Please link both of your application videos to your muvac profile before April 30, 2021 (application deadline).
The two required music videos must be produced without any audio or video retouching and must be recorded from start to finish without cuts and/or splices. The selection process of the video pre-sreening round will take place anonymously. Therefore, there must be no identification in the videos themselves or in the file names that suggests the name of the participant.
The videos must contain the following:
1) the second and third movements (in one take cadenza of your choice)
• of the Viola Concerto in D Major, op. 1 by Carl Stamitz
• of the Viola Concerto in D Major by Franz Anton Hoffmeister
2) A piece of the competitors’ choice for viola solo or viola and piano written and published after 1981.
For longer works, a reduction to individual movements is possible in order to stay within the 25-minute limit for this round.
* Maximum length of the videos in total – 25 minutes *
All participants will be informed of their invitation to the live rounds by May 28, 2021. A confirmation of participation must then be sent along with the repertoire information for the live rounds by June 11th via www.muvac.com.