The two required music videos must be produced without any audio or video retouching and must be recorded from start to finish without cuts and/or splices. The selection process of the video pre-sreening round will take place anonymously. Therefore, there must be no identification in the videos themselves or in the file names that suggests the name of the participant.
The videos must contain the following:
1) the second and third movements (in one take; cadenza of your choice)
• of the Viola Concerto in D Major, op. 1 by Carl Stamitz
• of the Viola Concerto in D Major by Franz Anton Hoffmeister
2) A piece of the competitors’ choice for viola solo or viola and piano written and published after 1981.
For longer works, a reduction to individual movements is possible in order to stay within the 25-minute limit for this round.
* Maximum length of the videos in total may not exceed the duration of 25 minutes *
The 6 competitors who advance to the Semi‐Final Round will be required to play a recital of 60 minutes.
This must include the Sonata 1939 by Paul Hindemith for viola and piano.
Works with and without piano accompaniment are permitted in the Semi-Final Round.
Works from previous rounds (including the pre-screening round) and works with orchestra are not permitted in the Semi-Finals.