The first Live Round (Quarter-Final) will take place on October 15th and 16th starting at 10 am in the Large Concert Hall ("Großer Konzertsaal") of the University of Music and Performing Arts Munich.
SCHEDULE QUARTER FINALS
Friday, October 15, 2021
- 10 am-1:15 pm = 1st round, part 1 ("Großer Konzertsaal")
- 3 pm -4:30 pm = Continuation 1st round, part 1 ("Großer Konzertsaal")
Saturday, October 16, 2021
- 10 am -1:15 pm = 1st round, part 2 ("Großer Konzertsaal")
- 3 pm - 4 pm = Continuation 1st round, part 2 ("Großer Konzertsaal")
- 5:30 pm = Announcement of the six semi-finalists ("Großer Konzertsaal")
PRESALE AND HYGIENE REGULATIONS
Tickets for the events (admission tickets free of charge or at a price of EUR 10, discounted EUR 7) are available from October 11th, 2021 via Munich Ticket.
Tickets to the competition rounds also entitle the holder to admission to the exhibitions.
Please note: The so-called '3G rule' (geimpft, genesen, getestet – vaccinated, recovered, tested) also applies to all event visitors at the university, as well as the obligation to wear a mask (medical mask), including at the seat.
1) Johann Sebastian Bach:
Two movements of
• a Suite BWV 1007-1012
• a Violin Sonata or Partita BWV 1001-1006, transcribed for viola
2) Paul Hindemith:
“In Form und Zeitmass einer Passacaglia” from the Sonata op. 11 No. 5 by Paul Hindemith
“Thema mit Variationen” from the Sonata op. 31 No. 4 by Paul Hindemith
3) A commissioned piece of about 8 minutes length, composed by Atar Arad for viola solo. The piece has been available since June 1st, 2021.
PARTICIPANTS IN THE 1ST LIVE ROUND
The preliminary jury has decided to admit 20 candidates from the 102 applications for the Live Rounds. The following violists will play in the 1st Live Round: